Monday, April 25, 2011

Our house


I have been waiting for a sunny day to take pictures of our house and show it to you in all its glory...the rain is apparently not going away for a while still, so I had to settle. Buckle your seat belts for house tour 2011, the Perrin villa.

We start our tour on a huge hill with terrible potholes in the road. Our house it at the dead end of a tiny street, so there is no traffic at all. From the street you go up several steps, then enter our yard through a lovely mauve painted metal gate. Up ,ore steps and you are in garden heaven. We spend any sunny days out in the gorgeous yard and garden. It was bare when we arrived and is greener by the day, with new things popping up all the time.





Here is where i hang all the clothes out. Jude chills in his stroller, chewing on things, while I hang clothes and the big brothers have numberless ninja/knight/robber/police adventures in the garden.


It's terraced with raised beds, a fish pond, fountains and secret places for the boys to discover and hide treasure.



I really need it to stop raining so they can go out again. Recess was the best part of our homeschool.



There is a door that goes straight to the downstairs level, handy for when i am hauling 70 lbs of groceries in, but it's not the front door. From the garden you walk up another flight of stairs to get to the front door. This is the room you see when you come in.


This is our main living room/tv room. It's on the upper level with all the bedrooms and the dining room. You enter this room from the right. To the left is a hall with our bedroom and bathroom. The door you see in the picture leads to another bathroom and the 2 other bedrooms. The boys share a room (except when they're naughty) off to the right and the guest room is off to the left. Behind you is the dining room, or as I call it, the ballroom.



Thats luke over there entertaining jude, just to give you an idea of scale. It is a large large room. We use it for school. Back to the main room and off to the right are the stairs down to the kitchen and laundry room. They're steep.



There's a sitting area at the bottom of the stairs. The fireplace has made a cple of gloomy evenings bright.


And past that is the boys' lego table and then the kitchen.


Off to the right is the laundry room, complete with sauna the we dont know how to use...




And our shower is off the laundry room too. The boys refuse to shower so they cram into that blue tub.





Here's happy in his walker. Just thought he should be in here too. Isn't he awesome? I'll post more on him later.


And that concludes our tour today folks. Any questions?

Location:In the middle of the street

8 comments:

  1. LOVE that you are keeping up with the blog. it feels so neat living this adventure with you.

    thanks so much for the call. it really meant a lot, i'm sorry i was a butthead and had to hang up.

    great pictures and house. i can't get over how large it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. easter looked delightful. Mom said your house was quite the pad! Do you use cloth diapers? If so I am impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, there is so much space! I can't believe how big Jude is. holy cow. He definitely is looking more and more like a Perrin. (is it just me or does he look a lot like Luke?)
    So how do your clothes get dry with all the rain? Do you have a covered clothes line?
    I'm sad we didn't finish our convo today.... I'll try to call you again tomorrow... (I can't get the time thing right, and I'd hate to call too late)

    ReplyDelete
  4. man how I wish i had a sauna! you gotta learn how to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the update and all the pictures! And people think we are crazy : ) What kind of sauna is it? I would love to have a sauna in my living quarters again. We are actually in a house this time with a yard and I am loving that...so are my kids! Are the cloth diapers out of necessity or by choice? My friends in Denver used them so I was just wondering seeing as I am entering into the world of diapers again in a couple of weeks. Have a fabulous experience, we'll BBQ when you get back : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel is right! Jude is looking more and more like Luke every day. Steph, I'm so glad you found him a walker. And yeah, figure out how to use that sauna (after you clean out all the spiders in it!) Maybe that will give you the warm fuzzies while Paul is out of town!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yea, we have one small covered clothesline but things don't dry when it is that wet outside. Plus with the volume of laundry a family of 5 generates, one little line is not much use. I dry the laundry on our radiators. I guess we are lucky its still cold? Since those heaters are my clothes dryer.

    Cloth diapers! Yes! by choice! And then by necessity. I wanted to try it anyway, and then it turns out Jude is allergic to most diapers and all commercial wipes. So we did cloth even in the states. And talk about saving money...diapers of all brands area available, but you pay $25 for a small pack. So glad I'm not flushing money down that hole. We save our money to flush down the soy milk hole :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday lady!!! What an amazing adventure you are having. Adore the clothes line of cute diapers! Miss you! Hope your day has been magnificent!

    ReplyDelete