Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Adjusting

We brought with us a little stash of what the boys call "home treats"--fruit snacks, blow pops, granola bars and such-- for times when the little folk need extra encouragement and/or something familiar. I have been pretty stingy with them, trying to make them last as long as possible, but we're getting to the bottom of the bag. Lucky for me, my kids have discovered:


Score for me--one roll of happiness only costs me one lari, and I will never run out of kiosks and stores selling these gems. We never buy candy at the grocery store at home, and it is truly amazing how motivating this candy is for these kids! Mentos are my new best friends.

As Luke put it this morning: "Mom, I have a secret. Mentos taste like home treats!"

I think we're gonna make it, folks.



Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

  1. Hooray for Mentos! Too cute.

    Mom was telling me how great it was that the power hadn't gone out. I think she spoke too soon. That really stinks. Hopefully the boys see it as an adventure eating by candlelight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, our power went out too! And we discovered Mentos in Tahiti. They do taste like home treats! Just heard from Paul, and I'm all ready to send you real home treats. Send me a list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strawberry Mentos are my favorite. I was introduced to them in Israel as "Chewy Dragees" and I have never looked back!

    ReplyDelete