Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Birthday season!

You may or may not know that springtime is birthday season at the Perrin household. Within 6 weeks we all have our birthdays (half birthday for Jude), as well as our anniversary...unfortunately for me we are all partied out by mother's day :) luckily for Luke, I am usually full of ideas for his big day.

This year is a Wacky Wednesday party (one of his fave dr. Suess books). We are having jokes and silliness all day. For example: behold the spaghetti and meatballs cupcakes--idea courtesy of our best bites. Please excuse the picture quality; it was 3 am. Don't ask.



It's also the birthday of one of the missionaries serving here, and tomorrow is the birthday of the only other kid at our church (a girl named tamara who is also turning 7!) so we are throwing a party for everyone tonight! Tune in later for pictures after the event.

And I can't post without a tribute to my special boy. So...

Seven years ago:


Six years ago:









Five years ago:



Four years ago (he's the big one...):





Three years ago:





Two years ago:




Last year:





And today:



I'll keep the emotional effusions to a minimum, but I just have to say, I love love love being Luke's mom. What a great ride the last seven years have been. Thanks, Luke, for coming to our family and showing us the world through your eyes. Happy birthday, pal. You're the best.




5 comments:

  1. We love you fat! I still remember the day you were born. holding you in my arms. I couldn't believe how tiny you were. You surely have grown into a bright, silly, full of energy little boy! We love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Lukie!!! I remember visiting you at the hospital (didn't the boys go play hockey?), and we watched So I Married an Axe Murderer with your mom. I can't believe it's been 7 years! So crazy. We can't wait to play with our favorite Perrins! Until then, totally loving the updates! (fyi I've actually started updating my blog again.) Enjoy all your partying!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lukie, we were so sorry not to get a hold of you on your birthday. We hope you had a wonderful time. We love you so very much and are very proud of you. You are having some wonderful adventures!!! Big hugs to all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lukie, we love you sooooo much. It doesn't hurt that you look so much like your Daddy! Lots of hugs and kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way,
    Steph what on earth did you put on those spaghetti and meatballs cupcakes? "Adodable," as Katelyn would say!

    ReplyDelete