Friday, April 29, 2011

For all the Jude fans out there (aka his grandmas)

Jude is seven months old! He is a delightful baby, which mostly makes up for the first five months or so of crying and no sleeping.



He plays on this blanket when he's awake--we have hardwood floor and tile, so this is his only soft place.

His other play area is his awesome walker from turkey. They tried to tell me purple was an appropriate color for a walker for a boy...um, no. This orange even seemed borderline to me. But maybe I'm just hyper sensitive?



He doesn't like to sit up on the ground and is still not very good at it, but he can crawl!!!






In case you are wondering what is up with jude's tiny diaper: I brought some size 2 diapers over to use for when we are out...which I end up using when the power is out and i cant do laundry so we are out of clean cloth diapers (ok, I could wash by hand. But i am not going to do that unless i absolutely have to). Jude was 16? 17? pounds when we left...he is so so not a size 2 now. Gotta be at least 20. They barely fit around him due to his enormous thighs. But it's what I have. And power is what i often don't have. We make do.

And sometimes we just do without.


Isn't he yummy?


Look at those delightful dimpled hands.



Yummy yummy thumb. He has wanted to suck his thumb since he was born. He is so happy that he has enough control to stick that little thumb in and suck away.

He loves to eat paper and if you don't watch your stuff, he will do this to it:


His current favorite toy is an adorable soviet-era toy I got at the antique market. It's called a Vanka-stanka, and its like those weebles toys that stand back up when you tip them over. I liked them so much I got 3.


Paul thinks I'm crazy but theres something about the simple design that I just love. And jude loves them too. He'll crawl halfway across the room to get one.

He's teething like crazy, a little drool factory, so we are hoping to see a tooth or two soon. He's allergic to rice, rice cereal, oatmeal, wheat, and bananas so far. Plus the obvious milk and nuts that I will not even try to give him for a long, long time. But, we have 2 winners: apples and potatoes! No rash or puking with those. Hallelujah. I'm going to give everything else a rest for a month and let his little system recover and mature before we try anything else. Here is his "high chair":


I wheel it around to wherever i need him, and its actually quite convenient.

He sleeps in a pack n play, in our room, with a sheet over it to block the light a bit. he is so good about going to sleep now that he hardly even protests when i put him in. Quite the change from Arizona where he had to be in the swing half the day or else he wouldn't let you put him down.

Well, that is all i can think of to tell you about baby juju and his life here in Georgia. One last pic to remind you of all that is great and good in the world. How can you not squeeze that happiness???



Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

6 comments:

  1. Well I'm not a grandma but I'd say I am a Jude fan! Yummy Yummy Yummy. I love fat chunky babies! (what in the heck are you doing posting at this hour? isn't it like 2am?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm...it's 3. Was up feeding the little chunk :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can we be fans too? Love that lil man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do! I just want to eat him up. he looks so much like Lukie to me. i can't stand that I haven't even been able to hold him. So glad you found at least two foods he can eat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steph, I am sitting here with your husband just laughing at your cute little bug. He is sooooo
    adorable and I'm so glad he's happy. I could just eat him up -- especially that little foot! Loves and happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, has he grown or what?!! He is so yummy!!! I was just watching a 7 month old yesterday, and she has perfected the knee bounce, and was way easier than she was as a tiny baby. Such a fun age!!! Great little toy. I got a chuckle at the walker I am quite sure I had one exactly like that in the 70's! LOVE IT! Poor little guy with so many allergies.

    ReplyDelete