Saturday, June 11, 2011

I'm never mopping again

I was mopping (remind me to show you what a mop looks like here) and ripped the sleeve on my favorite shirt. Technically it's a tunic but I don't like that word. Makes me think of men in tights. So I will call it a shirt. It's this one and she doesn't do it justice:


I really almost cried. Liam told me he will buy me another one just like it when we get to Arizona. Only problem is it is from last year.

Would you pay 20£ on eBay.uk for a replacement?

Fix the sleeve somehow? It has an L shaped tear right at the top of the arm.

Make a pillow out of it and move on?

Find something more important to worry about?

I really really liked that shirt.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:The kitchen

8 comments:

  1. Sad! I'd be bummed too. I'd probably just sew up the hole and keep wearing it. I'm pretty ghetto though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you sew up a woven shirt? Its kinda fraying so I don't know if it will hold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this post made me like you even more! I'm throwing in $5 for you to buy a new one. There are enough cousins, we could get to 20euros/pounds,whatever that symbol was in no time! good luck

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tearing a favorite shirt is SO worthy of angst. Seriously. I'd mourn my loss too. You'd have to go all cross-hatching to get the sewing to hold, but it might be worth a try if you can match the colors.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Stephie, I know exactly what it's like for you to try and mop that place. I'm sooooo sorry, but find a creative way to sew it up like Liam's jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, the memories of the boys' "creations!" And the shirt: sooo cute that Liam offered to buy you one back in AZ. Can I find it here for you? Wait, maybe you can find something like it at a market, complete with a DI label on it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can't give up! I bet you can find a creative way to sew it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is late, but if you still have it - and have access to wonderunder - You can put the wonderunder under the hole (laying the fabric back in its original spot) and fuse the shirt to it. I did this once with a linen baby dress I accidentally snipped in the middle of the skirt. It worked really well. You should at least TRY to fix it since it's already a goner.

    ReplyDelete