Thursday, March 25, 2010

do i look crazy to you? wait, don't answer that...

The title for this blog comes from 2 quotes.

The first is from my son Luke. When he was 2, one of his favorite sayings was "Craziness ensues!" That about sums up my life, personality, parenting style, etc. :-) If I had a dollar for every time I said, "my life is crazy right now"...well...let's just say I wish someone had started paying me to say that.

The second is one of my husband's favorite quotes. It's from Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl:
"Don't aim at success - the more you aim at it and make it a target, the more you are going to miss it. For success, like happiness, cannot be pursued; it must ensue... as the unintended side-effect of one's personal dedication to a course greater than oneself."

I'm almost 32. My life doesn't look at all like I thought it would (whose does?), but I do have certain things I want from life, things I work toward. I accept the fact that my life is just going to be crazy and unpredictable, but that there is a ton of happiness and success in there as well. In fact, I think I might love it for the craziness too.

No comments:

Post a Comment